If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced guestbook shows 's as 's  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
H.Labout
Beginner

Hope to find a solution for a problem with my advanced guestbook 2.4.4. integrated in my coppermine 1.4.27 gallery at www.haraldlabout.nl

Since the beginning I have a problem that a 's entries (as in foto's) show up as 's (resulting in foto's).
Tried several changes in charset settings (all in UTF- and got a lot of support on the coppermine forum, see:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,56398.msg331316.html#msg331316

and

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,64646.msg321140.html#msg321140

After all the trouble shooting in the last months I am almost sure there is something wrong with my SQL database and the guest book entries are handled wrong because of this.

Did anyone experience the same problem and could you solve this error.
I hope to receive some tips about this 's to 's problem.

Harald
H.Labout
Beginner

anyone?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Probably a conflict between the database charset, coppermine charset and the guestbook charset. You can edit the guestbook charset by editing the language file.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
H.Labout
Beginner

Carbonize,

Thanks for your reply.
Checked all charset settings of my coppermine files and advanced guestbook files, all set to UTF-8, same as my coppermine gallery settings.

When I check my SQL database with phpmyadmin i find th basic settings at UTF-8, collation latin1_swedish_ci.
I am told that this should be correct.

I'am not that experienced with SQL databases and using phpmyadmin so perhaps I do not look at the correct locations for the correct settings.

Any specific files to check in my SQL database and/or coppermine files?

Harald
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Got a url so I can see the problem. Integrating a PHP script in to a CMS such as Coppermine often results in problems.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
H.Labout
Beginner

Carbonize:

Go to www.haraldlabout.nl
Visit "gastenbook" or "guestbook" (depends on browser settings) and see my test entry. (last entry made)
The text should be foto's.

Thanks for your time, much appreciated.

Harald
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

To be honest it would require a lot of recoding. The best option is to show the guestbook in an iframe so it's not affected by the other script.

On a different note not a good idea to have the script automatically select a language based on the browser as the person may not be on their own computer. Keep it the way you have but also have a way to change the language.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
H.Labout
Beginner

Website can only be shown in dutch and english, basic coppermine settings.
All files in UTF-8.

Harald
jinumm

pls help me, am using basic guest book codes before but for get link option i use advanced guest option for my medusa website, and settings for add link only for senior members only but the settings is not working ever one can add links pls , help me ...

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum