If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Help with Install of Advance Guestbook  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
ColleenM

I have searched the forum high and low and get pieces of help for my error. However, I have done as suggested in the posts and I still cannot get to the admin page. Here is the error:

Here is what info I changed in the config file--minus my password info:

I am just looking to be able to add a guestbook to a website I run for a friend. This one looks to be the best of what I could find and I am hitting a wall. I am really not the best with this PHP stuff and I do not know what to do next. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you,
Colleen
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

If the host you are using has Cpanel then you might be able to install the guestbook using Fantastico.

As to the error message it is saying that the MySQL user pembrokewcorgi does not have permission to access the database. If you have other scripts running that use the database have a look at their config files to see what username and password they are using.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
ColleenM

Hosting site is using CPanel, but there is not option that I see for this guestbook under Fantastico. I do not see any guestbooks listed unfortunately. And I created the guestbook directory in MySQL when I uploaded the files so I am not sure how it might be tied in with another script.

I went into the pHPMyAdmin area to see what I might find out. I think a post says to check the book_auth. The passoword comes up with a very long string of characters. I'm not sure if that is normal or is supposed to show my actual password. I tried changing it to the password I put in before and trying to access the admin area. It did not work. So I deleted everything and tried it fresh again. Same thing but I have not done anything now with it as I was hoping to have help from here.

Thank you,
Colleen
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

The password is stored encrypted. The error message is saying that the database account you are trying to use does not have permission to access the database in question.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
ColleenM

Okay--is it a Advanced Guestbook issue or something with my database? And what do I do now?

I guess this means I am back to trying to find a different set up.

Thanks anyways,
Colleen
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

As I asked earlier do you have any other web scripts running that use the same database?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
ColleenM

And I created the guestbook directory in MySQL when I uploaded the files so I am not sure how it might be tied in with another script.

There should be no other scripts running that go to this database I created.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Well it looks like you need to give the account permission to access the database you have created. You should find the options in the same place you created the database.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum