If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Is it to late to fix?  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
RCRacer
Beginner

Hello, I have searched for the string public_html/sign/lib/gb.class.php(101) : eval()'d code on line 91
but nothing really refers to the error message that I can find even though there are hundreds of results.
Basically the advanced guest book at http://madminis.com/sign/ is now reporting errors and it was fine two days ago when I was there. The errors are in black text above the guestbook, so you have to highlight them.
I have replaced the file at /home2/madminis/public_html/sign/lib/gb.class.php with a backup I had.
I thought that may fix it, but it didn't.
There has been no changes to this guestbook for awhile. Is the database gone? Or is there hope?
NOTE: Everything seems to be working correctly, even the admin area.
Any Hope to fix it? Was it hacked? I am not the best with database work, but will try anything. Thanks in advance.
[WWW]
JTD
Graduate

Has your webhost updated there version of php?
http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4050&highlight=eval

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Please post the EXACT error message you are getting.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Anonymous

This is it:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home2/madminis/public_html/sign/lib/gb.class.php(101) : eval()'d code on line 91
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home2/madminis/public_html/sign/lib/gb.class.php(101) : eval()'d code on line 91
Parse error: parse error, unexpected
Anonymous

JTD wrote:Has your webhost updated there version of php?
http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4050&highlight=eval

Not that I am aware.
PHP version 4.3.10
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Hmmmmmmmmm did you download the guestbook from here or did your host supply it? Line 91 of my gb.class.php file saysand comes in the middle of

Carbonize

get Lazarus
RCRacer
Beginner

This is my line 91 with the host supplied guestbook.

This is it with two lines on each side of it.

[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

God I hate it when hosts mangle perfectly good scripts and then leave the script writers to fix it. Download the guestbook from here and, after editing the config.inc.php file, upload it to a folder on your site. I'm guessing the MySQL tables have already been created for you. Actually I was wrong to post my line as you are using AG 2.2. Anyway I can send you the copy of gb.class.php I have if you want to replace yours.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Hmmmmmmmmmm have you editted any of the template files?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
RCRacer
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmm have you editted any of the template files?

No, I haven't messed with any of the template files. Please just send me the file if that will take care of it, thanks.
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

First I want to try something. Open up lib/templates.class.php and findand replace it with

On second thoughts it wont fix it but still want to try it lol. Ok the error code is damn obscure as there is no eval code anywhere close. View the template files and lib files in FTP or cPanel and see if any of them, except any we have had you edit, have been modified recently.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Hm actually I have an idea. Login to admin and turn smileys off and see if the error code goes away. If so we have our start point and can work from their.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
JTD
Graduate

You are talking about the gb.class.php file? If so this is my line 91
$COMMENT = '';

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Mine is actually but then I've probably edited this script. In fact I know I have edited this script as it's a version of 2.2. I am modifying for a client. The important line 91 though is his as he is the one with the error and I believe it relates to smileys.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
RCRacer
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:Hm actually I have an idea. Login to admin and turn smileys off and see if the error code goes away. If so we have our start point and can work from their.

Didn't help.
Yea it is from the gb.class.php file.
[WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum