If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Login / Pass not working after install  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

I installed version 2.3.1 of the guestbook and everything seems to be just fine - I can view, post, etc. But whenever I try to login with "test" and "123" it keeps bumping me back out. This is after a fresh install and I've looked into the database to edit the login and pass and it's still doing it.

Any thoughts?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Do you have a link to the guestbook. Was this a new installation or an upgrade from 2.2?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Anonymous

Complete new install.

http://woodystaverntexas.hostasaurus.com/guestbook/index.php

I'm stumped!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Looks like you changed the password at some point. Do a search on this forum for the thread about resetting your password.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

I thought I had too - but when I look into the database the username still says text and the code that is listed for "123" is still in the second field.

Is there somewhere else I need to be looking?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

The username should be test and the password should be 773359240eb9a1d9.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

sorry - typo in my text above.

the login is indeed "test" and the password code i used was:

"773359240eb9a1d9"

It shows this in PHPmyAdmin - I can still not login.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

remember that the above code is the encrypted form of the password. the password is in fact 123. If you have no entries you could try delelting everything (except the templates s I see you have fitted it to your site) then reupload and run the install again.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

ok - I've completely removed the guestbook folder from the site and the table entries from the guestbook sql.

reinstalled the entire program, set up the tables again.

still the same issue. will not log in with

test

it can work to post - so im not sure if it's a database issue. should i contact the hosting company with this?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Definately a weird one. Even http://woodystaverntexas.hostasaurus.com/guestbook/admin.php?username=test&password=123&enter=1 doesn't log me in.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

hello,

i still have the same problem.
i have 5 domains and working with gb 2.3.1

for one week, my provider updated the mysql version.

maybe it´s a sql problem.

best regards

bernd
Anonymous

Been at this for 8 hours and still unable to log in as well. Tried everything.... reloaded, deleted at leat 20 times. i also have 8 websites looking to load this script.

1. could it be that my server is in switzerland and maybe the lanuagge is in german and french and your script is in english ?

2. i can post to the guetsbook but have aboslutely no access to admin pages. it would not let me in with the "test" and "123". . So therefore , not sure if complete table is loaded. I would be surprised and that is why unable to sign on.?

3. My host company is infomaniak, appache a mysql are all there with php my admin. my whole websites are in php, have other scripts using php. but this one no work ??

Has anyone figured this out and any resolutions i can try. will post here when we get fixed.

thanks in advance

paul.dupre@lefutbolshop.com
fatjacK
Student
[Avatar]

Have you fixed it?
Just been there and test 123 worked for me.

fatjacK
http://www.drrinK.co.uk
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

Hello

No not fixed. I cant sign on to finish installation process in the admin portion. The guestbook can be signed but nothing can be done by admin. You were able to sign onto my site or yours ?

The problem is that I cant even get past the 2nd part of the installation after the so called tables have been set up automatically by the install.php program.

I do the install.php, input my information, and then tells me it has been successfull and takes me to the 2nd portion of the install for administration portion. Takes me to the Guestbook - Administration Centre sign on screen .....Before you can proceed you have to enter a valid name and password ... use the codes test 123 but no luck.....

This is where I cant get past and I use the codes test and 123 . therefore, I cant even set up languages email to be sent to me when someone signs guest book and all other featuers I like in this program not found anywhere else.

Any help would be appreciated
fatjacK
Student
[Avatar]

I've just been to http://woodystaverntexas.hostasaurus.com/guestbook/admin.php and entered the default passwords. I took the liberty of making fatjack a banned word then signed your GB- it works.

fatjacK
http://www.drrinK.co.uk
[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum