If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
MySQL problem.  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
TUSF
Beginner

when I finished the intallation, it gave me this warning after it sent me to the admin page...
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /_____/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30
then it says some other information. I don't understand what is wrong with the file. I could use some help please..
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Check the database details you have in your config.inc.php file found in the admin folder.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
TUSF
Beginner

thanks. the probelm is over... however, when I try to sign the guest book, this happeneds...

the top one is how it is on your site. that botom one is what it shows on mine... I tryed ignoring it, but then it says there was an invalid field.. is there any way to remove/fix that field completely..
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Got a link for me? Odds are the problem is white space at the start of your config file but post the link so I can look.

btw it's 22:50 here so I probably wont check it until tomorrow.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
TUSF
Beginner

here is the guest book...
http://escuelapouget.com/libro/
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/escuela3/public_html/libro/admin/config.inc.php:1) in /home1/escuela3/public_html/libro/lib/captcha.class.php on line 292

Like I said you have white space at the start of your config file. Or rather, looking at it, it is a BOM header for a UTF-8 file. What text editor do you use? Just notepad?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
TUSF
Beginner

yes, I use notepad? I'll check to see if there is just white space at the top of the config file..

edit: I also been using a program called Web Exprision.
there also doesn't seem to be any white spce at the top of the file.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

The UTF-8 BOM wouldn't show unfortunatly. I'd suggest trying something like PSPad or send me your config file and I will fix it.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
TUSF
Beginner

It would seem that the problem was similer to what you said, however, it was not white space, but characters at the beginning of the code. notepad and the other program I use were un able to read it. thank you for your help.
edit: if I could help you in anyway just contact me at okruben@hotmail.com

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum