If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
need some help with my advanced guestbook  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
katco
Beginner

Hi... I have been using this script forever it seems but all of a sudden I am getting errors when people type in the image verification. So I thought I would try to turn that off but i cannot find anywhere to turn it off (not that I really want it off but at least it would get it working again).

I am running 2.3.1 so I thought maybe upgrading it would do the trick but I don't really see any upgrade instructions? Plus I always worry about upgrading a broken script, seems like it would be better to fix it first?

Anyway, if there is anyone out there who might be able to help me get my guestbook working again, I would really appreciate it!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Back up your existing files. Download latest version. Extract files. delete the config.inc.php from the files you just extracted. Replace old files on the server with the new ones. Visit whatever script it is in the misc folder that has something like upgrade in the name.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
katco
Beginner

Thank you for the reply and help. But I do not see any script in the misc folder that says anything about upgrade. (or any other folder either). Am I missing something?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

OK just emailed the maker of AG to see if he still has it.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
katco
Beginner

Thanks Carbonize, I hope he has this, otherwise I guess I am out of luck. I'll check back here in a little while.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Emailed it to you.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
katco
Beginner

Thank you so much! I have not had a chance to use it yet but wanted you to know I got it and appreciate it!
katco
Beginner

Thanks again Carbonize. This worked perfectly and I am happy to say that the guestbook is working again.

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum