If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Modifying the dates in advanced guestbook  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Jam'n
Graduate
[Avatar]

I copied all my old guestbook entries into the new advanced guestbook 2.3.1, but now all entries have the same date.
I would like to change them to the original date.
Anyone got an idea how to do this?

Thanks.
[WWW]
Anonymous

Yep been there done that... it is a pain. guestbook uses the UNIX time format. So you will have to convert each time separetly.

There is a UNIX time coverter found at this page.

http://javascript.internet.com/equivalents/unix-date-time-converter.html

You will have to edit the mysql database field for each time you want to change. This process took me a couple of hours.
Anonymous

How to do that
and wat fields must i repair
Anonymous

Open up your database in PHPMyAdmin, click on book_data, then click on browse. This will open up your guestbook inputs into colums. click edit on each guestbook entry. Look in the date field and your will see a number like this 991795727. (UNIX time format for the date of 6 June 2001, 02:48:47GMT) You will go to the page [url]http://javascript.internet.com/equivalents/unix-date-time-converter.html
[/url] and place dates into the box and it will spit out the UNIX format which you will then put into the data field in the mysql book_data. It is a long process if you have a lot of guestbook entries.

Have fun. took me a couple of hours doing that....but worth it in the end, because it appeared that my guestbook was a seamless upgrade from another gbook that sucked
Anonymous

i dont see wat u say
date
datetime

No
0000-00-00 00:00:00

Change
Drop
Primary
Index
Unique
Fulltext
Jared
Student

what's your email, and I will send you a graphic walkthrough guide.

or email me using my contact form on my website www.avianosaints.com
[WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
Jam'n
Graduate
[Avatar]

The link for converting the time to Unix has a little bug it ads 2 hours to the time your insert.
Thus 12:00 becomes 14:00 (at least I had this Problem )

Jam'n

------------------------------------------------

Only the man who's truly educated
understands that he knows very little...

------------------------------------------------
[WWW]
Anonymous

I think I noticed the same thing, but I didn't care much about 2 hours. As far as the web surfer, or the original poster, they are not going to remember something like that. They might remember the day but that is about it.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum