If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Export/Import MySQL Database  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
drdave
Beginner

Hi amber

I have a similar situation.

From what I am gathering, I do not need to check any boxes but go with the default to export my database correct?

Thanks
Dave
Robby
Beginner

Hi - I have a question about backing up my guestbook for a transfer to a new server. After loggin in to phpmyadmin I go to the left and choose

my guestbook in the Database block

Then I'm suppose to click on "export" on the right hand side. If I do this the way Amber said (a few posts up), in the "File name template area it says _SERVER_ and not _DB_ as Amber said.

Now, if I look in the documentation area (the question mark over the "database" block) do I have to check anything off in there before I export? Like on book_data or book_ip etc.

If I check these items off first and then click export, then the "File name template area says _DB_.

Hope I didn't confuse you.

I'm using Guestbook 2.3.1
ehardman

Ok I probably screwed this up, but I want to update my guestbook to a newer version thru C-Panel but they changed something around and it didnt reconize that i already had one installed so it wouldnt do a upgrade. So I exported my database like the instruction above said. I deleted my old guestbook and reinstalled the new version. Now when I go back into my phpmyadmin I follow the directions as said above, but when i click on SQL all it shows is a test box, nothing to browse for a download????

So I chose import and get this message:

Error

SQL query:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.8.0.2
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
--
-- Host: localhost
-- Generation Time: Jul 19, 2006 at 12:04 AM
-- Server version: 4.1.19
-- PHP Version: 4.4.2
--