If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
How To Install Advanced Poll  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
PBB

I don't know what is wrong, it displays correctly..

it even displays all my polls in random order, but when I click on vote,
or when someone hits the VOTE, the page is redirected to

www.mysite.com/login.php

It doesn't show any results..

What could've gone wrong? Please help... Thanks!

Please check my POLL found here:

http://www.pinoybigbrother.org

Chat and meet friends online.

http://www.pinoybigbrother.org
[WWW]
cybertech

I've already seen your site, is good.

I'm builing my site and I would like to know how do you do the Event Calendar? where can I find it?

Thanks!

Nobody is absolute owner of the truth
imustbcr8zier

ok, please don't jump down my throat but I am very new to php and I have the poll installed. However, once you click vote or view results, this shows up on the main page php area.

Warning: main(): Failed opening '' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/howard/public_html/index.php on line 116

Can someone please tell me what I can do to fix this error?
scott kleiman

I am so confused what code to use for the advancedpoll. I'm sharing space at godaddy and they offer this 3rd party software. I never used PHP before and have no idea what to put in dreamweaver. I tried so many combinations. I do have the the advancepoll directory on the server. It seems that when I activated the program on godaddy it installs. However, I assume I have to make a php web page in dreamweaver to display the poll nad the like? So confused - help. I did just make a little progress. Howevewr, I'm getting this error - it does display the poll but this code is above it.
Warning: main(./poll_cookie.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/s/g/f/sgfvc/html/polltest.php on line 6

Warning: main(./poll_cookie.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/s/g/f/sgfvc/html/polltest.php on line 6

Warning: main(): Failed opening './poll_cookie.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/s/g/f/sgfvc/html/polltest.php on line 6

I don't understand this /home/content......
[Email] [WWW]
acabrera

I try to install advance poll.

The system show me this message:

MySQL Error : Query Error
Error Number: 1146 Table 'intgra_osc4.poll_config' doesn't exist
Date : Tue, March 28, 2006 06:58:36
IP : 200.75.206.224
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Referer : http://www.intgra.com/poll/install/
PHP Version : 5.0.4
Server : Apache
Server Name : www.intgra.com
Script Name : /poll/index.php

Thanks in advance for your help.
[WWW] [Yahoo!]
tekky

thune wrote:6. When it fires up, follow instructions.

That's where I get the problem. It's installed, I can wander around the back of the admin, create stuff, edit it, customize it, but when it comes time to actually install and implement it the gosh darned thing doesn't work. It LOOKS right, but the votes don't record and the VIEW RESULTS doesn't go anywhere at all, just back to the same page.

I've tried every combination of header and body-text code I can conceive of and I can't get it to work. What I need is to find the tutorial on this product or some other such documentation. I'm not saying I'm "too dumb to use this" or anything, just that, well, I may be too dumb to use it.

Please advise?

(Sample is at www.tekjansen.com, though I can't imagine that helps.)

EDIT : Okay, I found that if I uploaded a copy of my incs/header.php to my nav/ folder, the voting results work and take readers there... but it's to a broken and hideous page where the results are anything but easy to find. Any advice at all on this would be helpful, though it may make more sense if you first go look at www.tekjansen.com and lodge your vote to see what I mean.

Please advise... no, PRETTY please advise (with a cherry on top.)

EDIT-2 : Oh my goodness... so now I'm testing it on other parts of my site... I've got it included in to a PHP include (specifically, it's part of the header) but now I'm finding that when I try to vote from the root directory, CHAPTERS directory or NAVIGATION directory, it's looking for the file in there... this simply can NOT be right, can it?
son_gokou
Beginner

I'm sorry to do this lamme question, but where is Pollphp.zip ?

3. Download Pollphp.zip, and unzip
Cosmic
Beginner

son_gokou wrote:I'm sorry to do this lamme question, but where is Pollphp.zip ?

3. Download Pollphp.zip, and unzip

http://proxy2.de/scripts.php fourth one down, in the middle of the page right side. Something I can answer. :o Still can't find how to make the poll show up on my home page.
Kristen16
Beginner

I downloaded the polls and everything was going alright until I went to install it. On the 3rd step it said:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (_____) in F:\___my site_____\Polls\db\include\class_mysql.php on line __
Connection Error

Please Help!!

(i blanked off the important information for obvious reasons....)
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Was the MySQL server running?

Filled in config.inc.php correctly?

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Kristen16
Beginner

How do you check if the server is running?
tekky

I've been waiting on any kind of help for over a month now. Should I scrap the program and just try something different, something with some support? ANY advice is good advice at this point, but pretty much it's just different people popping in each week or so with their own questions that nobody ever answers.

Suggestions?
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

tekky wrote:I've been waiting on any kind of help for over a month now. Should I scrap the program and just try something different, something with some support? ANY advice is good advice at this point, but pretty much it's just different people popping in each week or so with their own questions that nobody ever answers.

Suggestions?

From the sound of your posts your poll path may need setting in the admin panel.

You can also sest the poll path manually when you include booth.php...

For any one willing to try there is a new version of adv. poll version 2.0.5-dev, i presume the dev to mean in development / beta, so use at your risk etc etc.

Auron

Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Kristen16 wrote:How do you check if the server is running?

If you've got a standard install of MySQL (late-ish version) there should be an icon for it in the taskbar, so check that. If there isn't then hit ctrl-alt-del and look for a process named something along the lines of mysql-nt. If that is running then the MySQL server is running. Another method is a call to phpinfo...

If MySQL appears or has some details filled in then MySQL is running.

Other things to check are port numbers, username's and password's.

[Email] [WWW]
Kristen16
Beginner

I'll try those! Thanks!

Also- if I cant get this one to work, are there other programs like this with the poll I can go to?

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum