If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Login Error/Updating from v2.3.1 to v2.4.2/Anti-Spam  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You would need to run install.php again on the second guestbook. I can't remember but I'm sure the installer takes the table names from the config file.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Beginner

Okay done! After running the install.php on the second guestbook and on pressing the Create Table button, the webpage generated:

Advanced Guestbook
Tables were created successfully!

When I tried to input entry into this second guestbook, the CAPTCHA randomized codes did not appear on top of the Submit, Preview and Reset buttons, therefore I was not able to know what the generated codes are and key them in. When I hit the Submit button, the below error msg appears:

Guestbook - Error
One of the input fields does not seem to be valid.

My first guestbook was able to generate the CAPTCHA randomized codes though.

I have placed robots.txt in the root folder of my website: http://mywebsite.com/

Correct me if I'm wrong; robots.txt contains only these 3 lines:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /guestbook/
Disallow: /folder2/guestbook/

where the 2 guestbooks are located in:
http://mywebsite.com/guestbook/
http://mywebsite.com/folder2/guestbook/
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Your robots.txt is fine. Not 100% on the error though.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Beginner

How to solve the "CAPTCHA randomized codes not appearing" issue? Otherwise this second guestbook cannot be used.
Beginner

What could have gone wrong with the CAPTCHA image verification for this second guestbook? Perhaps you may like to try the same procedure of using the same database for a second guestbook and see if the CAPTCHA image verification appears at your end.
Beginner

If the problem is due to AG v2.4.2 CAPTCHA not able to take 2 (or multiple) guestbooks on the same database, is it possible to make some changes to AG v2.4.2 by incorporating some "CAPTCHA codes" from Lazarus? Kindly advise on those files that need to be modified and I will ftp them to see if it fix the CAPTCHA image verification not appearing problem.
Beginner

Anyone able to solve this sticky problem?

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum