If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
AdvancedPoll setup and operation for dummies  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
JC
Beginner

Hi Henrystr

I am not an expert in php. I am actually getting started but I have already started building a few websites in php so, I'm sorry if my question is somewhat stupid.

Do you have any server software installed like xampp, wamp or (mamp if you are using mac)?
If yes, is it working correctly?

As far as I know the index.php page should read "It works!" if everything is set to go.

I hope this helps a bit, unfortunately this is the far I can go.

Good luck!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You need to change the number in

echo $php_poll->poll_process(1);

to reflect the number of the poll you want to show.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
henrytsr

Hi to both of you. I am running on Justhost server and with it runs linux with apache 2.219, PhP 5.2.17, MySql 5.1.56

I did get it to work somewhat but I have a couple questions that may answer several others.

Can I run multiple polls on the same page and if so how the heck do I get them in the spots on the page that I want them?

PS. I did change the numbers to reflect the proper ID such as (x) where x= 4 or 5 whichever poll id I want to add .. you were very instrumental in helping me with that when you answered JC thank you so much for the help here in advance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/10/2011 03:36:32

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I don't use the poll but I would guess you just put the code for the poll exactly where you want the poll to appear. The code in question being

echo $php_poll->poll_process(1);

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
shenglu

I do not see anything on that page, I did not get anything, but the demo, when I went to the scene. I added the other code, it is for me to create my home page to the correct path.
natsuto

I want to install, I built a website to vote, but my PHP knowledge is very little, but I know about HTML.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum