If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Adding a simple human verification test  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
josephk

Thanx Carbon!!!!

All seems ok!!!

You're Great!

JK
grelli

For those who want to have a random verification text, I made some addtions to the MOD which enables this!

BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES, TAKE BACKUP OF ALL THE FILES THAT WILL BE EDITED!

Follow the changes in the original MOD and then follow the following instructions::

Open lang/English.php (or the language file that you are using)

Find

After Add

You can of course choose any words you like for the verification and also add more than 6 of them.

Save and close the file.

Open lib/add.class.php

Find

Replace that with

Find next

Replace that with

Find next

Replace that with

Find next

After Add

Save and close the file.

Open addentry.php

Find

After Add

Save and close the file.

Open templates/form.php

Find

Replace that with

Find

Replace that with

Save and close the file.

Thats all!

These changes worked for me on my 2.3.1 Advanced Guestbook! I will NOT offer any support concerning this addition to the MOD, I just don't have time! So if you have problems with these changes, you are on your own!

/Grelli.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

your last instruction would end up with there being two input boxes for the anti bot test.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
grelli

Carbonize wrote:your last instruction would end up with there being two input boxes for the anti bot test.
Thats not true

The second input field...
...is a hidden field and its only purpose is to transfer the random text that was generated to the next step of the posting process to be able to compare it to the text that the user inputs!

/Grelli.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Yeah sorry was speed reading. Nasty habit of mine. Just to make it clear to people that this mod only works if you use the "Type this word into the box below" type of test as opposed to an actual question such as "What colour is the sky".

Carbonize

get Lazarus
imhungry

hey there, this is an awesome script, im having a smallish problem though, just like someone else did earlyer - i can write whatever i want in the verification box, and it lets me post. checked the code over but i it all seems ok, not sure what ive done wrong, heres a link

http://dj-triquatra.com/guestbook
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

1 - update to 2.3.4 by downloading the full package from this site and replacing all but the config.inc.php file. This patches a couple of exploits. It does mean you will have to edit the templates again though.

2 - I believe the error lies in either addentry.php or add.class.php. Goto www.carbonize.co.uk/AG and have a look at the pre modded files I put there.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
testar81
Beginner

I have downloaded the file to make the changes to my guestbook but now i get an error when i should write messages, it says that i havent write anything in the name filed though i have done that what should i do?
I forgot to take backup of the old files.
Plese help.

Nordiva.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

testar81 wrote:I have downloaded the file to make the changes to my guestbook but now i get an error when i should write messages, it says that i havent write anything in the name filed though i have done that what should i do?
I forgot to take backup of the old files.
Plese help.

You using 2.3.4 ?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
mabrychis
Beginner

I am using version 2.3.1 and tried using the revised code provided here and of course I have done something wrong somewhere I just don't know where! This is the error I am getting only when you click sign the guestbook:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ELSEIF, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/jmn1888/public_html/guestbook/lib/add.class.php on line 202

Can I just use the already provided files and upload them? I wasn't sure as it says its for a different version and I didnt know if that would conflict with my current version. Would be much easier

So, here is the link:

http://www.mabrychihuahuas.com/guestbook/index.php

Click sign the guestbook and that is where the error message comes in. Please help! Also, I took no backups of the files, now I am sorry.
JTD
Graduate

Just reload the add.class.php file.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
mabrychis
Beginner

Thank you, it appears to have worked
rvargas

Hi,
I follow the instructions step by step, and I seem to have problems.
when I try to add a new entry on the guest book I get the error that I need to type the word for the human verification,
I tried to change the word and it did not work,

I went through my code several times and I could not find the error.

could you please give me a hand on where I messed up.
Thank you

I'm using version 2.31
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Sounds like you messed up something. You really should update to 2.3.4 but anyway you can get the premodded files from www.carbonize.co.uk/AG

Carbonize

get Lazarus
grelli

EDIT to the random verification text MOD:

Open lang/English.php (or the language file that you are using)

Find

After Add

You can of course choose any words you like for the verification and also add more than 6 of them.

Save and close the file.

The change is "count($randomText)-1)", this needs to be done to prevent the index to be OutOfBounds when choosing the random index.

/Grelli.

P.s. This has been changed in the instructions in the previous post!

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum