If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Transferring Database?  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

Hello,

I'm in the process of switching hosts and servers. I have gone ahead and backed up the guestbook.sql database. Now on the new server I have gone ahead and installed the new Guestbook 2.3 script. How do I do about transferring the old database to the new guestbook? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Will
Anonymous

i use phpmyadmin to do this
Anonymous

It is very simple to transfer your database from one server to another. First, go to phpmyadmin then download or back up your database by clicking the database link, and then go to the "View dump of database" section, select the "structure and data" option, and then the check box "Save as text file", and then click "Go" button. After you have your database saved, use the this file to create a new database in your new server, and you will have all the data you used to have. Good luck!
Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately my new host does not use phpmyadmin. I do have the guestbook.sql file backed up. But how can I update without using phpmyadmin?
Anonymous

phpmyadmin is a simply script to administrate your db.
you don't need root privileges to install it.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum