If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
5 questions about advanced guestbook  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
karlfranz
Beginner

Hello!I have 5 questions about the advanced guestbook:
1. Can I choose a background image(GIF) for the guestbook?
2. Why don't you add avatars function for the guestbook?I think a excellent guestbook should includ this function.
3. Can I change the language of the guestbook into Chinese?
4. I noticed that a user said he could not submit some Chinese message, the guestbook says, "Your message contains some invalid words." What's wrong?The guestbook do not support Chinese?
5.Why user can not use smile function when writing a comment?

Hi^^
Jared
Student

1. Yes, the guestbook is completly customizable down to every single detail, depending on how deep you want to dig.

2. This is a guestbook, not a full blown Message board. Although I could probably add avatars is I wanted to. It would take a little bit of working, but I think it could be done.

3. You could convert it yourself. Be sure to use the appropriate header meta tag in your html head. For Chinese it should be

4. Make sure you are not censoring any words

5. You can use emoticons........think that must be the same thing[/code]
[WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
karlfranz
Beginner

Code:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=hz-gb-2312">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-language" CONTENT="zh">

I should only place this code to the header of html,no nead to replace other code?
Another question,Chinese Language is divided into Chinese Traditional and Chinese Simplified,I want to translate the language of guestbook into Chinese Tranditional(Big5),these code is OK?
Although I could probably add avatars is I wanted to. It would take a little bit of working, but I think it could be done.

You too want to give this function to the guestbook?That's great! And I want to say the space area under 'location:' in the guestbook is so large,if you really want to add avatars it is a suitable choice.
You can use emoticons........think that must be the same thing[/code]

I mean I can not use smiles when replying.

Hi^^

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum