If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Guestbook Support forum  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
spor
Student

Hi, like all of you, we think this guestbook script is one of the best around, but also like all of you, we are frustrated at the lack of support offered. which if given would have made this srcipt superb...

So because of this jared i have decided to team up and offer guestbook help, jared will help with technical side of things, and i will help with cosmetic change questions ect.

We are going to set up a section for guestbook help on a private forum, the reason we decided this, was becuse many people come here for help on the poll and counter and links scripts, and we unfortunatley cant offer help on those scripts.

so in few days we will post the support forum for advanced guestbook help here, it will be a few days to set everything up, we hope you will come there to find friendly helpfull advice for advanced guestbook

thankyou
here the address to goto for help:
Advanced Guestbook Support Forum

Just like to add, anyone that feels they can help us with this then please get in touch pm me on here
aftersch
Beginner

I agree that the ad guestbk script is pretty easy to use and good in general. I find it quite handy to use.

look forward for the new forum,
Sam
spor
Student

things that go bump in the night
spor
Student

do the bump sorry, but you can get help if you need it there as well as here...and you dont have to browse the poll and link posts

Go here for guestbook and poll help :: Spisas Guestbook
Jared
Student

Excellant Forum for those that want Mods, and answers to your guestbook problems.

good job Spor
[WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
spor
Student

we are also offering poll help there now.

spor
Student

Bump

jstallin

Not sure if this is where I need to place my question on the ADC Guestbook, but I am having problems with getting EMAIL notification of entries. I have placed a valid email address in the General settings, but still nothing.

Thanks in Advance for any suggestions!!
Jim
Anonymous

Did you also configure the php.ini file on your server?
jstallin

Yeah that was also done. I found there is a problem in CPANEL, so we are waiting for them to do a fix.

Thanks!
Anonymous

I could also be that he mailserver rejects the mail from the guestbook:
It seems that some can’t handle the header it sends.

<-- 550 rejected: syntax error in 'From' header when scanning for sender: malformed address: name@domain.net

Jam'n

------------------------------------------------

Only the man who's truly educated
understands that he knows very little...

------------------------------------------------
Anonymous

Hi! Is there a way for me to disable or remove the Private Message option in the addentry page? TIA!
Anonymous

Maile wrote:Hi! Is there a way for me to disable or remove the Private Message option in the addentry page? TIA!

Never mind. I found and removed it from templates/form.php
evje
Beginner

Where is the download for the Ultimate Guestbook( by Jared??). I have hunted high and low for it and can't find it?
[WWW]
spor
Student

bump

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum