If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Poll - How to adjust the Width on the Results page?  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
raveboy78

Does anybody know how to adjust the width on the results page? The poll allows you to adjust the width of the poll via the admin section, however after somebody places a vote on your poll, it changes back to the original size. Anybody? Moderators? Support?

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous

Yea, I would like to know too. Is there somebody smart out there who knows the answer?
Anonymous

I've tried, but do not know how to either. It seems like people are interested in this topic but nobody has a clue either.
pyrohavoc
Beginner

disregard

so much code so little time.......
Anonymous

I'm still interested in the answer so if anybody can figure it out, post it!
raveboy78

Hmmm... well I still haven't figured it out. Hopefully somebody can help me out. Thanks to those who are or have tried.

Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Changing the option in the Genral Settings should modify the width of tables for the poll and results pages. If you look at the Templates in the Admin Panel for Poll View and Poll Results they have the same code for the width of the table. The only one that doesn't have it is the Comments template. So maybe if you have comments enabled it will use the original default table width instead of the one you specify.

Good Luck!
Auron
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

You know..I just hate it when people give stupid answers to peoples questions.

Auran...we have tried all that..and if you actually read peoples posts..you'd figure that out..

If your gonna answer..provide some answers as how you got the one on your site to work...not b.s.

Mark
egeurts
Beginner

Guest wrote:You know..I just hate it when people give stupid answers to peoples questions.

Auran...we have tried all that..and if you actually read peoples posts..you'd figure that out..

If your gonna answer..provide some answers as how you got the one on your site to work...not b.s.

Mark

The question was pretty stupid to begin with, no wonder the answer is going to be somewhat basic.
[WWW]
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

raveboy78 wrote:Does anybody know how to adjust the width on the results page? The poll allows you to adjust the width of the poll via the admin section, however after somebody places a vote on your poll, it changes back to the original size. Anybody? Moderators? Support?

As you may notice the original post says after they vote so this is the results which use the same variable as the question table. If your running a website I would expect you to know some basic HTML and PHP as this poll is written in it and would of thought to just type this in the table tag...

Also you never thought that there might be a table within a table which is what the default template does. so you'll have to change the width on all of them.

If you still can't do it I'll email the templates I use. I have to say they are extremely cut down from the orginals. An example is... original about 50 lines long, and mine about 15 lines long.

Auron

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

Well I came across this problem as well. What I found is that you need to change either the font or, take out the "You have already Voted!" message in the general settings.

I just changed it to Already Voted! , now it works fine.
Anonymous

NVM its still busted. Changing the font to arial or sans-serif works okay.

But I cant display things as a percent or it becomes over the 125 limit i set it at.

Any ideas?
Anonymous

okay i finally got to the bottom of this. In the poll directory there is an image called blank.gif.

Its too big so go into photoshop and make a completely tranparent gif that is 1 pix wide.
Anonymous

Okay You can delete those previous posts since they dont fix much.

The problem is that blank.gif. Even though i resized it something is the script is controlling it a resizing it itself.

What we need now is a way to change the script so the gif knows how much room it has to resize
Anonymous

LOL okay this is the last post and is actually the way to fix it.

First login to admin then go to general settings. scroll down to the heading that says "Table, Font And Color Options" Then in that list you find something that says "Max. bar length" You need to change that to a smaller value.

And click submit and you got it.

WOOOT!

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum