If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Problem Editing templates in AGBook  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Hawkslayer
Beginner

I've just updated my guestbook to the latest version, everthing is fine, but for the fact that I get these error messages when I try to save a template that I've edited from ADMIN. I *have* given the folder write permissions.

Warning: fopen("./templates/admin_enter.php", "w") - Permission denied in /web/sites/xxx/www.fuchsialand.co.uk/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 193

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /web/sites/xxx/www.fuchsialand.co.uk/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 194

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /web/sites/xxx/www.fuchsialand.co.uk/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 200

I can edit the folders using FTP, but it would be nice to do them from admin. Anyway, I like things to work like they should! Anyone got any ideas?

Hawkslayer

http://www.fuchsialand.co.uk
[WWW] [ICQ]
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

The first is that you hsvrn't set the permissions or the right ones, use your FTP program and chmod to whatever it needs to be the other two. Upload that file again or get a fresh copy of it from here and then upload that. -- Just in case it got corrupted or something.

Auron
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

Auron wrote:The first is that you hsvrn't set the permissions or the right ones, use your FTP program and chmod to whatever it needs to be the other two. Upload that file again or get a fresh copy of it from here and then upload that. -- Just in case it got corrupted or something.

Auron

and the right permissions would be...??
I've also got this problem on my website
spor
Student

666 to enable read and write

Go here for guestbook and poll help :: Spisas Guestbook
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

It TELLS you in the readme file! Duh!

Auron
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

Uhm.... 666 is NOT the right writing permission.. When I set CHMOD on lib and template folders I got the following errors;

Warning: Failed opening '/home/petronas/www/hallgeir/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/petronas/www/hallgeir/guestbook/admin.php on line 4

Warning: Failed opening '/home/petronas/www/hallgeir/guestbook/lib/image.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/petronas/www/hallgeir/guestbook/admin.php on line 5

Warning: Failed opening '/home/petronas/www/hallgeir/guestbook/lib/template.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/petronas/www/hallgeir/guestbook/admin.php on line 6

Warning: Failed opening '/home/petronas/www/hallgeir/guestbook/lib/session.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/petronas/www/hallgeir/guestbook/admin.php on line 8

Warning: Failed opening '/home/petronas/www/hallgeir/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/petronas/www/hallgeir/guestbook/admin.php on line 9

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: gb_session in /home/petronas/www/hallgeir/guestbook/admin.php on line 29
Anonymous

Forget it.... I've fixed it...

The CHMOD's should be:
Files in Template-folder: 777
Template-folder: 777
Lib-folder: 777
Files in lib-folder: 777

This works!!!!

But it doesn't say anything in the Readme-file how theese folders should be CHMODed...

This is what it says about writing permissions:
3. Give write permissions to these directories:

- public - 777 (drwxrwxrwx) (directory)
- tmp - 777 (drwxrwxrwx) (directory)
spor
Student

777 is read write and execute, 666 is the correct permission for a template

Go here for guestbook and poll help :: Spisas Guestbook

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum