If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
new to everything ( guestbook and MYSQL ) need help.  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
Tom4us
Beginner

Man or anybody please helm me. Iam just total new to MYSQL. I just happend to come across this nice guestbook while surfing the net. its just wonderful its free. Now i want to instal it to my web page but the know how is not there.

Please, is there anybody who can give me directions , step by step on how to install the advance guestbook and keep it running on. i would just be happy. i have try to search the fprum but in vain. please help.

email. ogutu@swiftmalindi.com
[Email] [WWW]
Jam'n
Graduate
[Avatar]

Hi,

I once made a downloadable and printable copy of: How to: Install Advanced Guestbook and How to: General Settings-Explained.
I hope this makes it a little easier:

Tutorial

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version history:

1.0 initial release of the how-to
1.1 Added General Settings-Explained
1.2 Changed the way you start.
1.3 Added the Chmod setting
1.4 Added a session test script
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jam'n

------------------------------------------------

Only the man who's truly educated
understands that he knows very little...

------------------------------------------------
[WWW]
Tom4us
Beginner

Thank for the infomation you had given me. It reall help me out. Now i have my guestbook install and running. Still one problem, when i try to add and entry by clicking the Sign the Guestbook link. i just receive a blank page with no entries like name:.........., masseage:............, Gender:.............. . Plesae advice where did i went wrong.
tom
[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum