If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Guestbook spam  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
SimonTuffGuy
Beginner

Not a popup... But, an error message, as if they entered a message that is too short or forgot to put their name in...

Simon

Simon
JTD
Graduate

SimonTuffGuy wrote:Actually... Is there a way make this so it does a popup-box on the entry form if the code is invalid? If the code is invalid when the person submits it, all the info they put in is lost when it goes back...

More consistency than anything... Or maybe I'm just being picky?

Simon

Did I miss something you said popup.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
SimonTuffGuy
Beginner

I meant a popup error message, as the rest of the error messages come up.

Simon

Simon
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

The only way to do a pop up is with javascript and would require the code to be iin th ehtml in some form and therefore accessible to the spammers. In the new version of the guestbook it shows the error message and the form is shown below the error message with your informatin still in it. www.carbonize.co.uk/guestbookbeta is the test version of my version of the Advanced Guestbook script.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Ahroo
Beginner
[Avatar]

I just want to thank Carbonize for the time and effort to provide us with this image verification script. In the past week or so, I've been flooded with spam from a jerk in Argentina (at least 10 a day). By reading this (and several other threads), I've come to realize that these are automated postings, using many different IPs, so IP blocking won't prevent his postings. I've just incorporated this script and while it is too soon yet to know if Mr Argentina is history, the image verification script works beautifully. Thanks again for your help - in this and many other ways!
middleeastfacts
Beginner

Carbonize,

What a brilliant script - you're damn good! Thanks a tonne!

Steve
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.middleeastfacts.com/guestbook/index.php
[WWW]
Fajer
[Avatar]

hi!
I get lots of spamers signs in my advanced guestook

so my friend wrote mi better script...

It very pitty, taht i couldnt sccesfully use advanced guestbook without spam...

my gallery - www.berduszek.art.pl
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Fajer wrote:hi!
I get lots of spamers signs in my advanced guestook

so my friend wrote mi better script...

It very pitty, taht i couldnt sccesfully use advanced guestbook without spam...

Errrr you can use the advanced guestbook without spam. There are two options at present to prevent spam, one of which is simple. the only guestbook I have seen that is better than advancd guestbook 2.3.1 is Advanced Guestbook 24 . BTW the reason the guestbook your "friend" wrote for you gets no spam is because ONLY YOU use it so it's not worth the spammers making a script to spam it.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Ignatius
Beginner

I've gone over my changes twice and still can't figure out why it's not working for me. All my test entries are being submitted without going through the image verification or giving me an error.

My form.php page has been significantly customized, and I'm wondering if there's a code issue there that's causing the hack not to work.

Can someone take a look at this code and tell me if you see an issue that may be interfering with the script?

If you want to see the guestbook itself, it's here:

http://www.thepiratepom.com/guestbook/addentry.php

Thanks in advance.

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I am recommending people use my simple anti spam method for now as I am going ot have to sit down and seriously rethink how the image verification works.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum