If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
advanced guestbook 2.3.1 passwort  XML
Forum Index » German Forum
Artimidor
Beginner
[Avatar]

Next problem... Now I didn't actually save my previous files, trusting fully that the 2.2 conversion to 2.3 will just work fine. Can the 2.2 version still be downloaded from somewhere - and what files would I need to replace?

Other question: Is there a recent version of the Guestbook installed here on the site (see here) - because the spam filter doesn't look to be very efficient.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

The guestbook installed on this site is just the bog standard guestbook. The modifications are things I create when requested or I feel inspired.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Artimidor
Beginner
[Avatar]

So... I guess the situation is hopeless, or? The guestbook has been a pearl on the site so far, but now that the spam catastophe has struck and I still can see no way to get back to a normal state I will have no other chance as to remove it, or? Any other alternative you can suggest?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

As I said try using one of the anti spam modifications. the image verification is best to use.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Artimidor
Beginner
[Avatar]

Did you read my actual problem, Carbonize? I cannot get into Administration anymore. And I have a 2.3 (?) version, which should have taken care of the problem, but doesn't. I cannot restore 2.2 as I have no backup. And would doing any spam modifications get me into the Admin area again? *is call confused*
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Ok you have updated your files from 2.2 to 2.3.x but have you ran my update script to update the database structure? It is available from www.carbonize.co.uk/AG

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Artimidor
Beginner
[Avatar]

Ok, if I do that I'll lose at any rate the pictures, right? Well, seems I have no other choice.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

2.3 handles pictures differently to 2.2 so I'm suprised they still show. I am planning on writing a proper upgrade script at some point that will keep the images but right now I don't have the time and it will be cpu intensive when i have written it as it will have to check every pictures attributes.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Artimidor
Beginner
[Avatar]

Well...

I guess what I did yesterday was to run the "2.2 to 2.3.x Database Upgrade Script" from your page. Tried to run it again (as I wasn't sure what I've run), but obviously I cannot execute that anymore now, because my login isn't accepted anymore.

Anyway, you state: "THIS WILL ONLY UPDATE THE DATABASE. YOU STILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD A COPY OF 2.3.X, EDIT THE CONFIG FILE THEN UPLOAD HE FILES."

Ok, to clarify things - I assume this means: Download the "full" version of "Advanced Guestbook 2.3.2" on proxy2.de and then install that according to the instructions, right? Or is there any other file I have missed? The organisation concerning upgrading is quite confusing, a link to the 2.3 version on your site would help tremendously. - So in short: Are my assumptions correct? Then I can finally do the 2.3 update.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I wrote the upgrade script as the database structure has changed slightly from 2.2 to 2.3.x and the update SQL that is provided with 2.3.x is lacking. Officaly I have nothing to do with the Advanced Guestbook. I am just a guy that writes modifications for it to try and improve it.

Anyway my upgrade script is meant to be used to update the database but you personaly have to download 2.3.2 and replace ALL your files with the new files remembering to edit the config.inc.php file found in the admin folder. I have stated before there is little need to update from 2.2 if you patch the login exploit. I write my modifications to work for all versions of the book and I will write a brief one on fixing the recently found SQL query exploit soon.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Artimidor
Beginner
[Avatar]

Okeydokey, I see... In the meantime I've managed by the way to get 2.3.2 installed - and to my surprise the pictures are NOT lost. I can get into Admin area again, all the pictures are there, I needed to fix the design again, but aside from that the guestbook works nicely as it seems.

The spam hasn't gone away completely, but seems quite reduced with the regular 2.3.2 version. But I guess I should now check what kind of scripts I can use from this Forum to perhaps get rid of the last spammers Anyhow, thanx for your help, Carbonize, seems that most of the trouble has been averted now.

Oh, just a quick question, as perhaps you have that right in your head somewhere: The text color of the comments has reverted to black now - and as the background of the entry page is pretty much black as well, it's not really visible. I searched up and down on how to change this colour (a variable? add a font color tag somewhere?), but to no avail as of yet. Do you have an idea perhaps?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

templates/com.php is the template for comments.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Artimidor
Beginner
[Avatar]

Perfect Aaaand fixed as well! Many thanx once again!!

Forum Index » German Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum