If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Adding a simple human verification test  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

In form.php you have two empty table cells. Look for them both

The first is

<td>
</tr>

and the second is

<td>
<td>

in both cases delete one of the <td>

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
talkto_menow

Works, great! thank you
blank
Beginner

thanks much. worked great
blank
Beginner

I had to go back and renable captcha, while leaving this on.

Lately bots are able to get passed this alone.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

If they are getting passed then I suggest changing the question/answer regularly. they will actually have to visit your guestbook at least once to get the answer.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
blank
Beginner

Wow i have both this, plus captcha enabled, and they are still getting through.

kinda annoying, but i guess its life on the web anymore

I wonder if there is a way to incorporate one of the anti spam services such as Akismet into it...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/10/2011 03:35:28

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I suspect your spammers are actually manually visiting the site. To be honest the captcha in AG is very simple and, judging by the spam in this sites guestbook, was broken a long time ago by bots.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
blank
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:I suspect your spammers are actually manually visiting the site. To be honest the captcha in AG is very simple and, judging by the spam in this sites guestbook, was broken a long time ago by bots.

yeah i was thinking that, When looking at server logs, it seems many visitors go directly to the addentry.php page so the bots, and spammers know about it...

I was going to switch to your version of the guestbook, but i dont really wanna recreate the template i made right now but soon i will.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/10/2011 10:12:23

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I'm looking at adding Solve Media as an option to my guestbook. If you go to my website and click Contact at the top of the blog you will see Solve Media in action. I may make a mode for AG to use it as well.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
UmeTube

fng wrote: working really good now! thanks for the great mod and the fast fix.

really its grat mod. thanks for post.
Oliver_queen
Beginner

Mechanical Assignment Help
Mechanical engineering can be termed as mother of all engineering branches with application almost to any machines which are working in the world. With application area too large this branch tends to be very difficult to master. Topics such as thermodynamics, control systems, etc which are very tough to understand. Also mathematics tends to give a lot of trouble to all students all across the globe. Students tends to concentrate on studies and completing the theories to score good marks in their examination. They mostly are tensed about their assignments completion as they fear they will complete the assignment incorrectly and get bad grades. Students mostly copy from any internet sources which not only results in punishment for plagiarism but also some marks are deducted which is very bad for them. To decrese these issues we at Assignment Hippo provide online mechanical engineering assignment help to all students across the globe. To know more about us visit our website,

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum