If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
forgot admin pwd of Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
dumdy

As you can read in the topic, I forgot the password. Now i cannot administer the guestbook. My hosting company does not offer any control panel. So I cannot use MyPHPAdmin to manipulate the database in anyway. I however get a dump of the database for backup purposes every day.

But MySQL passwords are encrypted quite good, and the password i think i used was more then 12 chars long, so quite impossible to crack.

Anyone has a sollution?
JTD
Graduate

No control panel! Can you say you are fubar. How do you install anything like that. That requires a database. Thats one reason i use ROBOFORM password saver never leave home without it. And I never loose any of my login names or passwords either. Might be time for a reinstall or maybe your host can reset it for you.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

its quite simple, find the part of the dump that has your username and password. Use the original password from the mysql dump of the gb insert that and replace it using that and get it onto your server smoehow and it will reset your password to the default whatever it is, 123 i think.

- Auron

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum