If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Where can I get phpLinks  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
lloyd_borrett
Beginner
[Avatar]

G'day there,

The "Web Links" section of this web site reports that it is powered by phpLinks. This seems to be a different solution than the "Free Link Page 1.2" script available here.

Does anybody know where I can get the latest version of phpLinks? The link on this web site is to a page that seems to no longer exist.

Best Regards, Lloyd.
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
amber222
Graduate

Is this what you are asking about?

PHPLinks is an open source project written in PHP for use with MySQL, allowing one to run an extremely efficient Link Farm with full search capabilities. A "simulated" search engine in many ways.

Latest File Releases
Package Version Date Notes / Monitor Download
phplinks PHPLinks_v2.1.3.1 March 18, 2003 Release Notes - Monitor This Package Download
PHPLinks Patches Patch_2002_02_10 February 9, 2003 Release Notes - Monitor This Package Download

I found this on Sourceforge at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/phplinks/

They have a lot of good php scripts.

Lloyd, I visited your page to check out your guestbook. While I was there I noticed how great your Blog looks, so I decided to try it, but I am not doing very well with this. Their help is not enough help. Do you know - Is there a forum?
lloyd_borrett
Beginner
[Avatar]

G'day,

I had found that version of PHP Links also, but short of downloading and running it, I couldn't determine if it was the same one. So I thought I'd try and ask the person that should know, namely the web master of this site.

My Blog is just an Advanced Blogger Blog, but with quite a bit of customisation by me. I didn't have access to scripting and databases at the time I setup my Blog. If I was starting out today to do a blog, I'd probably look carefully at PHP/MySQL based self-contained solutions.

I've recently written an aticle for Melbourne PC User Group members on how to setup a blog / home page using Blogger. The article sticks to the basics, and doesn't go into the extras, additions and customisation I've made to my Blogger based blog. The article should be published in the first week of August 2004. You should be able to find the article online at www.melbpc.org.au shorty thereafter.

Best Regards, Lloyd.
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum