If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
How do I change the body text color (not entries)  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
Masterwebman
Beginner

Advanced Guestbook is a great scruot: Install was a breeze and I am only having one problem.
I'd like to modify the default text at the top which is:
Thank you for stopping by my site. Here you can leave your mark. Guestbook
Total Records: 1 Records Viewed Per Page:
Where is that text located? Is it changed through the admin or hard coding?
I also need to change the font color to white or light gray as the background I have is dark. Where do I change that font color?

Thanks very much.
[WWW]
Brianr
Beginner

Here you can leave your mark.

is in english.php - BookMess6

Guestbook

if it's what I think you're referring to it is an image. You'll find that in body.php about line 4

Total Records: 1 Records Viewed Per Page

also in english.php under the Navigation Bar section

The class for all of those is assigned as font2. The colour should be the same as your text and that's assigned in Administration | Style. If you can't solve the problem, post the URL to your guestbook and I'll see what I can find.
[Email] [WWW]
Masterwebman
Beginner

Thanks. I should have looked in the /lang/english.php -- Now I know where to change text. However, changing the font color in admin doesn't do anything. I assumed there would be two places to change font colors. One outside the tables which hold the posts and the other for the website itself. Take a peek at the installed guestbook which is at http://www.vixenrock.com/guestbook/
The site is just being built -- all the dropdown is not working yet on either the homepage or the guestbook. The homepage is http://www.vixenrock.com -- I modified the look pretty well, it's just the dark black text that I can't change.
[WWW]
Brianr
Beginner

Normally I would say you could change the CSS class in header.php and success.php, but for some reason you don't have a CSS section in either.

Did you delete it? Because that means none of the classes assigned in the guestbook are referencing anything.

If you don't reinstate it, then you could change still chane the colours it by adding font tags to the various lines lines in body.php
[Email] [WWW]
Masterwebman
Beginner

I didn't see a css. I installed the program from one of the cpanel offerings by my web host that automatically installed the program. If there is a css, it was never installed. I guess I can download the program and find the css that way.

Unless you can suggest a place where I could download the default css file.
thanks,
Murray
[WWW]
Brianr
Beginner

This is the default CSS that came with the guestbook I have

<style type="text/css">
<!--
.font1 { font-family: $VARS[font_face]; font-size: $VARS[tb_font_1]; color: $VARS[text_color] }
.font2 { font-family: $VARS[font_face]; font-size: $VARS[tb_font_2]; color: $VARS[text_color] }
.font3 { font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 7.5pt; color: $VARS[text_color]; font-weight: bold}
.select { font-family: $VARS[font_face]; font-size: 9pt}
.input { font-family: $VARS[font_face]; font-size: 9pt}
-->
</style>

Now, this is for version 2.3, but I think it's the same for 2.2
Just copy and paste it within the head tags of header.php and success.php

Depending on what you set your text colour to in the Admin section you still may have a problem with the dark text on the dark backround. You can override it by assigning a colour to the class

.font2 { font-family: $VARS[font_face]; font-size: $VARS[tb_font_2]; color: #FFFFFF }

That may lead to another problem if .font2 is assigned to text that appears on a light background elsewhere. Not sure if that's the case, though.
[Email] [WWW]
JTD
Graduate

I see you are useing version 2.2 bad bad move. And guestbook doesnt have a css.style sheet like most are used to.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Masterwebman
Beginner

Thanks. I can probably add css code specifically for the text that I am having a problem with.
The version I installed was part of a cpanel Fantastico group of apps provided for easy installation by my web hosting company. I will remove version 2.2 and replace it with 2.3. If I do so, can I keep the MySQL database or did it change with the version upgrade?
thanks
[WWW]
JTD
Graduate

The database changes also.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
mastersmurfie
Beginner

for what it's worth, I was able to change the font color of the "Sign the Guestbook" and "Administration" (ver 2.3.1) in the body.php. In that same file, I have changed the font color of the of

<td width="56%" class="font2">$TPL[GB_TIME]<br><font color="0000ff">$LANG[BookMess6]</td>

just put the font color tag before the $LANG

I guess it would work for the "number of entries" and such also...

just a thought

mastersmurfie
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

It would or you could change the width="56%" attribute of the TD tag to
Btw while some browsers may accept <font color="0000ff"> the correct format is <font color="#0000ff"> also you have no closing font tag.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
treecdesign
Beginner
[Avatar]

I'm working on resolving the same problem. (Need to change black text to white "Thanks for stopping by". Where do I place the color code?

Crystal
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

the actual text is located in lang/english.php. the HTML to format it is in body.php. Simply open up english.php then open up body.php and find the variable that contains the text. Something like $Lang[BookMess1]

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum