If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
PHP  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
senorbol

Hi everyone,

i'm trying to put a guestbook on my site, it seems that most people on here use the 2.31 version. I'm wondering what i need with regards to php to host the guestbook on my site??? Also is a php driven guestbook easier to maintain than a perl one, as i had big problems with the 1.5 perl version.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

The language the guestbook is written in is irrelevant as to how easy it is to maintain. That is all down to how well it is written. Advanced guestbook 2.3.1 is very easy to maintain and to configure.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
senorbol

sorry i'm a bit of a novice with these things, will a php guestbook such as 2.31 run on any server with a cgi-bin?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You need to have both PHP and atleast 1 MySQL database.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
senorbol

ok thanks my server is mozilla 4.0 - does php and my sql need to be uploaded onto this??? or do i keep it on my hard drive - sorry bit confused.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Mozilla is a web browser not a server. If you want to host yourself and are using windows I recommend http://www.firepages.com.au/ as it is a single download and installation that includes Apache web server, PHP and MySQL.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum