If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1 problem  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
pkboone

Hi,

I was hacked. I didn't have a problem deleteg the hacked post. But I did have a problem adding entries after that. Kept getting an invalid imag error. Well, I decided to upload all files again. Well, I uploaded 2.3.1 files over 2.3 files after modifying the config file with the proper settings.

Well, my problem is, after I logon to the admin area, every time I click on a link, it sends me back to the logon screen.

whats wrong?

Thanks
Philip
amber222
Graduate

That's the "Admin Loop" caused by the fact that there is a difference in the database tables for 2.2 and 2.3.1. Carbonize has an install.php script that should fix the problem or instructions to change one file. Look for a post that says something like "fix for 2.2 exploit". Should probably be on the first page, as it was recently bumped.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I assume you mean you updated from2.2 to 2.3.1. Anyway if you have phpMyAdmin installed you can simply goto the table called book_auth and edit the part called last_visit. It needs changing from type timestamp to type int.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
pkboone

millions of thanks!
Anonymous

That helped me too, thanks!
Anonymous

Oh, thanks a lot!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You could always try using www.carbonize.co.uk/upgrade.zip after updating from 2.2 to 2.3.1. Just unzip the install.php file and upload it to your guestbook, ovrwriting the old one. then run it as normal. Hopefully this should change that field type and add the new fields and tables.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

thanks carbonize, you rock! It seems that everytime I look for an answer to a question, it is your post that helps me the most!
Anonymous

simply goto the table called book_auth and edit the part called last_visit. It needs changing from type timestamp to type int.

mine was already type int, so what other fixes might there be? and i wasn't upgrading, just installing for the first time. thanx!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You have just installed Adanced Guestbook 2.3.2 ?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

yeah, i recently changed host and decided to reinstall the guestbook. so this happened. i also deleted it and reinstalled 2.3.1 (which is the one i was using and it had no problems) and it did the same thing. weird...
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You copied your database from the old hosts to the new one ?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

no i still had the original installation zip file. i unzipped and uploaded and installed
Anonymous

i couldn't access my old host anymore, which is why i switched. so i had to creat a new db and everything
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Ok so a total fresh install. Hmmmmmm if you have access to the database with say phpMyAdmin go in and delete all the book_ tables that the guestbook made. Then download 2.3.2 from this site (or Lazarus from mine if you are feeling adventerous) and try a fresh install again.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum