If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
How to Convert Daily Counter SSI to HTML w/Javascript  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
ET
Graduate

I had been trying to find a daily counter for my html pages (because I did not want to convert them to php or shtml). I did not find any scripts that I liked, so I have rescripted the SSI version of Daily Counter to work with javascript, if anyone is interested.

in the dailycount.pl on about line 47 I changed it as follows

Then, in my html page, where ever I want the counter to show up and/or be counted, I put

This gives me a "daily hit counter" which is not as sophisticated as the php version, but does not force me to change all my pages over to php either.

Hoping that helps anyone who wants to use the daily counter without having to convert their webpages.

ET
ET
Graduate

Just thought I should add that, in addition to the previous post of mine about the daily counter, I added a lock that prevents the counter from adding when the page is refreshed from the visitor's IP.

The script is just a modified version of the IP locking script that is contained in the animated counter script (using the Perl - SSI version). The script allows the webmaster to lock or unlock the refresh page count along with a specified amount of lock time in minutes.

Not sure if anyone is even interested, so I won't post the code at this point. Just wanted people to know that the script modification is available if anyone is interested.

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum