If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Guestbook 1.5 Admin Page Colors  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
pmonahan
Beginner

Greetings,

I modifed the guestbook.pl file so that new entries would add a row with a black background

# entry bgcolor
$entry_bg = "#000000";
$font_face = "Verdana, Arial";

Unfortunately this applies to the Administration page as well, but I can't find a way to change the FONT color to white on the admin page. The result is black text on a black background on the admin page.

I guess I'd be OK with a white background but only on the Admin Page

Our site uses white text on black background

Please See: http://www.eschellon.com/book/guest-1.html

Any ideas on how to modify the Admin Page too (or leave it as black text on white background ??

Thanks

Peter

P.S. For FREE Music, turn off your Pop-Up Blocker first, then:
http://www.eschellon.com/freemusic.html
Anonymous

I'm going to be guessing here basically based on the appearance of the subroutine titles and the html inside of those routines.

Since I did not write the script and I don't use it, it is just an educated guess. Hoping it helps

I use a text editor that displays the line numbers for me so the numbers are a reference if you also have that ability.

Find the subroutine "show_entries" (at about line 41 (if you have changed the script at all, it may be moved.) Scroll down about 75 more lines to the body tag.

Try adding the TEXT="#ffffff" to the body tag

Then scroll down more to the subroutine "enterpass" (at about line 613) and scroll down a bit more to that body tag and do the same thing.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

My answer from your post in the other forum (DO NOT POST THE SAME PROBLEM TWICE)

At a guess open up guestook.pl and look for <title>Administration</title> which is near the start of the admin html. A little below that is the body tag for the admin section.

On a different note it is bad practise to make a site that automatically opens a new window just as telling people to turn off their pop up stopper is bad practice.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Anonymous

Carbonize wrote:My answer from your post in the other forum (DO NOT POST THE SAME PROBLEM TWICE)

At a guess open up guestook.pl and look for <title>Administration</title> which is near the start of the admin html. A little below that is the body tag for the admin section.

On a different note it is bad practise to make a site that automatically opens a new window just as telling people to turn off their pop up stopper is bad practice.

Thanks you.

I hope you enjoy the free music.

Peter

(My post in the other forum was an error)

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum