If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Change language in advanced guestbook  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
killerfrog

Hi,

I'm looking for a way for my users to switch language on the guestbook on my website cause it's avaible in french and english, but the link to the guestbook is the same for both language.

If anyone has a piece of code I could add, it would be very nice to share.

Thx
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You could either do it by using cookies or use two different guestbook folders and make a new MySQL table called book_cfg2. Copy the config.inc.php file from your current guestbook to the new guestbook but change $GB_TBL["cfg"] = "book_config"; to $GB_TBL["cfg"] = "book_config2";. You can now specify one book to use English and one French.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
killerfrog

thx for explanations, but I would prefer people using like a drop down menu to switch language. Idea of using cookies look like good to me.

Actualy, I use Mambo 4.5.2.1 with mambelfish 1.5 to translate the website, and I redirect a link as wrapper (iframe) to the guestbook but i'dd like people could change the language really easily. I'm not a programmer either a webmaster (just doing this for a family member) so explanations from you or someone else would be very gratefull.

I speak about cookies cause mambelfish use cookies too.

So if I want to add a drop down menu in witch people could switch language of the inferface (not comments : I want to keep comments in English and in French toguether), what can I do?

Thx
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

With mamblefish did you have to supply the wording for the other language or is it a web based translator that translates the whole page for you?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
killerfrog

it only replace text with translation you have written and use the language file installed for the core part.

Have a look on the website : http://www.danybouchard.com

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum