If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
how 2 start the php  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
punisher8214

hi its my first time to configure the php. i just want your help how to edit the php i'd try puting it to my personal website but when i click the guestbook link the window appear is wrong it will not go to the guestbook that i want i goes to the server.. anyone please i rely want your help can teach me step by step on how to set it up pleassss...
[Yahoo!]
realrobley
Beginner

Download the zip, to your computer
Extract the zip

You can edit the file in /admin folder called config.inc with notepad or your favorite editor.

at the top you will see the database confuration settings, they will look like this:

$GB_DB["dbName"] = "guestbook";
$GB_DB["host"] = "localhost";
$GB_DB["user"] = "guestbook";
$GB_DB["pass"] = "9D3E1C902A";

You need to set up a SQL database, with install.php or I just goto cPanel and

Add New Database
Add A USER
Add the user to the database

make a folder for your guestbook such as /guestbook and upload all files to that folder

chmod the folder permissions:

public - 777
tmp - 777

run the install.php from your browser. It will ask you for the dabase info. Your host name is usually localhost.

login to the admin area

username: test
password: 123

and setup the admin password 1st, save, and close it. Open it again then login with your new admin password, then seup the other features.

IMPORANT Disable the HTML or your guestbook will not last long if you post your URL here

thats the basics, just read the install file in /docs and follow it carefully you should be ok so long as the database can connect, that info must be right or guestbook will not launch.

Hope that helps feel free to pm me or ask

Robert

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum