If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
mysql_conect problem  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
gi
Beginner

hi

i installe d the guestbook on my site and it connected to my db and installed the db but when i try access it it gives me this error

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '3306' (2) in /var/www/html/iceberg/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30
Connection Error
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySQL Error : Connection Error
Error Number: 2002 Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '3306' (2)
Date : Wed, April 20, 2005 04:18:36
IP : 82.155.2.213
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; FunWebProducts; HbTools 4.6.2)
Referer :
PHP Version : 4.3.2
Server : Apache/2.0.46 (CentOS)
Server Name : www.rotaonline.pt

can anyone help me solve this problem?

gi
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You will either have to look in your control panel or speak to your hosts about the exact settings of your MySQL server.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
gi
Beginner

hi

thxs for ur reply, but cant seem to get it to work, still get the same error....although the mysql settings are correct

my site is on one server and my db is on another server they connect through a router do u think that the problem is there?

everything seems to be setup correctly just dont understand why it cant connect to mysql

gi
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

If it's on a different server did you replace localhost with the name of the server?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
gi
Beginner

finally got my guestbook running on serverr

only had to reset admin pasword 'cause for some reason i cant understand my admin user and password where rejected and my style settings where changed too, but got that fixed too

couldnt connect to mysql 'cause the php was not properly configured on the server

thxs for ur help and pacience carbonize

gi

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum