If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Changing Lost Admin Password  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
GarySmith
Beginner

Hi,
I'm the reseller. I guess I forgot the username/password for my Advanced Guestbook.I can log into cpanel ok. I don't see how to recover or change a lost password without already being logged into Guestbook Admin. I'd like not to delete the Guestbook and lose the entries. What do I need to do?
Thanks,
Gary
GarySmith
Beginner

Nevermind on this. I figured it out. I haven't seen the answer here so
I'll post it.

The answer is: I never changed the default username and password so my regular password wasn't the right one. Once I tried the default, I was in.

Gary
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

The term DOH springs to mind.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
GarySmith
Beginner

Carbon,
Not really so ... I'm new at this. There's quite a big learning curve to deal with. Learning the setup on all this stuff just to see if it's worth using is as frustrating and as it is time consuming. Multiply that by all the websites I'm trying it on and programs I use and it's not a far reach to think that occassionally a person might forget to go back and reset a default password somewhere. Except for one reference during the install there's nothing else about it that I found, so it's not easy to discern. For all the messages I saw posted in this Forum about password problems I bet you alot of the are due to not changing the default password. I wouldn't hurt to add another line about changing the default password in the admin setup and on this forum somewhere conspicuous.

Duh !

Touche ,
Gary
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Lol yeah I already thought of that and made it clear in the installer for Lazarus which is a guestbook I have made based upon the Advanced Guestbook.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
GarySmith
Beginner

Cool.

I am so smart ...S-M-R-T.... Doh!

BTW, I didn't know Doh was a term.

Gary
GarySmith
Beginner

Carbon,
I think I'll have to call you on this one. If you squint the right way it kinda fits .......However you should probably ask Homer what the precise meaning was he was trying to express. On the other hand, I think both duh and doh are interjections and are described below as a ejacutorial utterance. I hope this has been helpful.

Regards,
Gary Smith
--------------------
Term : a word or expression that has a precise meaning in some uses or is peculiar to a science, art, profession,

or subject <legal terms> b plural : expression of a specified kind <described in glowing terms>

Function: interjection
1 -- used to express actual or feigned ignorance or stupidity
2 -- used derisively to indicate that something just stated is all too obvious or self-evident

Main Entry: in·ter·jec·tion
Pronunciation: "int-&r-'jek-sh&n
Function: noun
1 a : the act of uttering exclamations : EJACULATION b : the act of putting in between : INTERPOSITION
2 : an ejaculatory utterance usually lacking grammatical connection: as a : a word or phrase used in exclamation (as Heavens! Dear me!) b : a cry or inarticulate utterance (as Alas! ouch! phooey! ugh!) expressing an emotion3 : something that is interjected or that interrupts
Michael Stewart

OK... so Gary remembered his... nice work Gary.

I'm not that fortunate. How do I reset the Admin logon?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

www.carbonize.co.uk/reset.zip is a file to reset your username and password.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
XCAlulu

I have Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1

I changed my host server for my site but kept the database I had before everything works apart from I can't login as administrator either because i've forgotten my password and user name or because I've changed computers.

Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

if everything else is working fine simply download reset.zip and upload the file it contains to your guestbooks folder. Then follow the instructions for it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/03/2011 14:30:43

Carbonize

get Lazarus
aen

Thx for leavin ur reset.zip to hands , helpt loads
blank
Beginner

hi, can this reset file be reuploaded?

For some reason all of a sudden my passwords arent working. annoying.

thanks
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Try the beta one - http://carbonize.co.uk/Lazarus/Forum/index.php?topic=8.0

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum