If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3.1  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Bender
Beginner

I have AGB 2.2 installed and running. I know about the security vulnerabilities and would like to upgrade to 2.3.1. My only concern is keeping the entries I already have installed.

Out of the blue, this morning the guestbook started displaying the following.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home/iwantr2/public_html/guestbook/lib/gb.class.php(101) : eval()'d code on line 91

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home/iwantr2/public_html/guestbook/lib/gb.class.php(101) : eval()'d code on line 91

These three lines are displayed at the top of the page. The guestbook still functions - accepts entries and the rest of it displays correctly. Any idea of what this is? Should it be repaired before an upgrade?

For the upgrade procedure, any comments on the following giude TotalChoice Hosting Forum

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Bender
Beginner

Ok. I didn't read the "Read This" post - let me try the upgrade script first.
Bender
Beginner

After following the upgrade instructions.
1. Backed up DB
2. ftp'ed entire guestbook dir down to restore if necessary
3. downloaded new AGB version
4. Extracted and uploaded over my current install
5. Modified the admin/config.inc.php with the host, db, user and pw
6. Downloaded Carbonize's install script
7. Modified install script with my correct host, DB, user and pw
8. Tried to run script and get the following error in my browser.

Could not connect to MySQL because: Access denied for user: 'iwantr2_agbook1@localhost' (Using password: YES)

So I'm back to my old config - running but still has the errors listed in the first post at the top of each page when the guestbook sis displayed.

Ideas welcomed.
Bender
Beginner

One other question as a little different approach. Is it possible to bulk copy out the data, save the image directory and then delete the 2.2 install. Then install a new 2.3.2 and then bulk copy the data back in? I suppoe the difference in table structures would make that a failing task?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Your initial post indicates to me that your admin has been accessed and used to alter one of your templates. url.php is the template they usually alter. If you posted it on the TotalChoice forums then I will answer there at some point soon as I am a TC customer as well.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Oh and I seem to remember that my update script takes the MySQL details from your guestbooks config file so check the information in there.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Bender
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:Your initial post indicates to me that your admin has been accessed and used to alter one of your templates. url.php is the template they usually alter. If you posted it on the TotalChoice forums then I will answer there at some point soon as I am a TC customer as well.

Not a TC customer but found some good info there through Googling.
Bender
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:Oh and I seem to remember that my update script takes the MySQL details from your guestbooks config file so check the information in there.

The config file is the admin/config.inc.php file?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

yes that is the config file.

I actually found the TC forums by googling and joined the forum to answer a post about my image verification. I then hit a spot of bother with my hosts (my virtual server got hacked and they wanted to charge me $2 per GB of used bandwidth and 90+ GB were used. 60 in one hour even though they admit this is impossible) so left them for TC.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum