If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Upgrade from v2.2 - v2.3.2 problems  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
belfry

G'day all,

I've recenly update a client's advanced guestbook from v2.2 to v2.3.2

I used the upgrade SQL script supplied with the download. It all works great - except for the admin functions

It is possible to log into the admin section but once in, clicking on any of the admin functions results in being taken back to the username/password page.

(I.e. clicking on any of: Private Messages | Easy Admin | General Settings | Style | Templates | Smilies | Password | Logout)

I noticed this behaviour, and (as the previous guestbook had been hacked) when I was logged in as the admin user, I (in another window) ran the reset.php script by carbonize. The admin functions worked - until I went to log in again and the behaviour resumed.

Can anyone help relieve my frustration on this one?

Thanks heaps.

BeLFrY
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You need to run my update script. The update SQL function supplied is incomplete as it does not alter the admin or other tables. You will find the script at www.carbonize.co.uk/AG and all my mods are in my forum.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
belfry

Thanks heaps for that! I did notice that the script failed on the last couple of points, but when I checked out the code and the database it was all fine - I'm guessing the sql that came with it had already taken care of those statements.

Thanks again!

BeLFrY

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum