If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
having trouble moving guestbook to new server...  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
tinat

Both sites use cPanel, so I got the mysql backup from the first one using cPanel's backup option, and uploaded it to the new server using the same, except this time its dababase restore option.

However, the database I uploaded is empty. Not a single table in it!

I tried exporting the tables from the first one through phpMyAdmin, and uploading them to the new server through the cPanel backup tool, and same thing again.

I think the problem is not in the downloaded file, cos it appears to be the same size that cpanel says my database is, but in the upload process.

Are there any other ways that I could upload this database to the new server? I cant seem to be able to find an "upload" option in the phpMyAdmin...so im a bit worried...

help!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Use phpMyAdmin to EXPORT the current database then open the file in a text editor and copy the information into the text area you get in phpMyAdmin when you click the SQL tab.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
tinat

oh excellent, i didnt know that!
that worked, thanks!

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum