If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
email notification message in admin  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
NoeyG
Beginner

Hi...

I need some help figuring out how to increase the size of the email notification message that gets sent to those who sign my guestbook. I tried just increasing the size of the text box but that didn't work. (Obviously, I have no idea what I'm doing. lol).

Anyway, If someone could tell me how to find the code I need to edit, and then what to change, I'll be good to go. Right now, the message is only long enough for a couple sentances and a thanks.

~Noelle
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You would need to change the size in the database. Always found a short messsage best myself. Do you have phpMyAdmin ?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
NoeyG
Beginner

Yes, I do have phpMyAdmin.

I can appreciate that you are a man of few words...as many wise men are.

I'm more chatty myself. I don't need a lot more space, just a little.

Thanks,
Noelle
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Go into phpMyAdmin and if needed to the guestbooks database. Click book_config in the left pane. You should get a list up in the right pane of the fields for book_config. Look for notify_mes and click the edit icon to he right of it (read the little pop up you get when you mouse over the images). You need to change the type from varchar to text and then you will have unlimited space.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
NoeyG
Beginner

Thanks so much Carbonize! You are awesome.

~Noelle
[WWW]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum