If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Problem after install..... HELP  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
armani2

I ran the install util created the database files fine, the next step was configure admin page. I got this error when i clicked ok....

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /data/5/0/155/19/318671/user/324289/htdocs/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30
Connection Error

I tried to edit this file with the same host, username and password and database name as the install program asked for but no luck.....
Thanks.....

And have a great day.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Sounds like your database server is not on the same machine as your site. Best asking your host.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
armani2

I am on a network solutions hosted site, the database is on the local machine, but you must create the base , give a user name and passwork and it gives you a ip address. I used this to create the tables and it worked fine tables were created. I checked and they were there.
but the next step was to go to the admin and thats where i got the error above. so I looked at that line and all fields were default, nothing changed, so i tried to change them myself with my database info but no luck. dont know if i did it right, but am now stuck......
thanks....

And have a great day.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

So it installed fine but the book it's self does not work?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
armani2

Well i was using the novice installation, with the installer, so after it created the tables on the first step, it said next admin setup and thats where i got the error, so i look at the file in error line 30 and it was paths and username, address to the database, they were all at default, so even though i put them in, in the first step of installition and the tables were created, the file mysql.class.php never was updated, that is when I tried to do it manually but never could get it to connect to the server, If that makes any sense, I am new to php as you could have guessed, but much html and cgi script installation experience....
Thanks....

And have a great day.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Ah well did you edit the config.inc.php file in the admin folder to reflect your database details?

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum