If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
two guestbooks in different sites  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
lepman
Beginner

Hi there,

I have a minor problem installing the advanced guestbook.
For my work I maintain a website and I have a private website. On both of them I want an advanced guestbook. It's already working on the website of my work.
Let's call the work one: apple and the private one: banana.

I want to install banana on my private website and have come as far as the install-settings. When I press the button at the bottom to get to the admin settings page I get this:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'apple@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/httpd/vhosts/example.nl/httpdocs/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30

So, how do I change apple@localhost to banana@localhost so I can get to the admin-page?

Thanks
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

edit config.iinc.php

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
lepman
Beginner

Yep, that worked! Thanks. Don't know why it worked but it did.
Last question. I changed the gbook logo in my own like explained in this forum. My question: can I attach a link to that logo back to the index-page of the website?
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

yep, just add the needed html to the relevant file.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
lepman
Beginner

Ok, I think I can do that. But what file would that be? In which file is the gbook.gif situated?
JTD
Graduate

body.php

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
lepman
Beginner

Found it!
lepman
Beginner

This is really my last question, than I have the guestbook EXACTLY as I want it

In the style-settings you can choose one color for the text right?
Is it possible to have different colors for the text? I would like to have the entered messages in a different color than the guestbook text because of the different background colors.

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum