If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Remove Code from Guestbook v2.3.1  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
Takara
Beginner

Can someone tell me where I would find the code for the "add comments" feature in the guestbook. Most of the spam I get on my book is placed as a comment to an existing entry so I'd like to remove that option from the guestbook however I don't know where to find that code or exactly what code to remove. I've already replaced the icons with an image of the background colour so you can't see where the "add a comment" icon is and it helped a little.

If removing the code is difficult and/or could cause problems, would it be possible to add human verification code to "add comments" section. I found human verification code here some time ago (I think the code was provided by carbonize) which helped a lot with cutting down on spam in the new entries of the guestbook.

I am the culmination of one man's dream. This is not ego or vanity but when Dr. Soong created me he added to the substance of the universe. If...I am destroyed something unique, something wonderful will be lost.
Lt. Cmdr. Data - The Measure of a Man
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Turn on the password as found in General Settings.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Takara
Beginner

Thank you. Talk about a D'OH!!!!!! moment.

I am the culmination of one man's dream. This is not ego or vanity but when Dr. Soong created me he added to the substance of the universe. If...I am destroyed something unique, something wonderful will be lost.
Lt. Cmdr. Data - The Measure of a Man
[WWW]

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum