If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Delete Multiple Guestbook Entries  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
taudelt39
Beginner

Hey everyone. I am a beginner at this guestbook so forgive me if this is a simple question. I get hammered with SPAM all the time and I know I can delete the entries one by one using Easy Admin. How do I delete multiple entries at the same time? Anyway to go into the database and select line items (like in Access or Excel) and just delete them?
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
mexcar

taudelt39 wrote:Hey everyone. I am a beginner at this guestbook so forgive me if this is a simple question. I get hammered with SPAM all the time and I know I can delete the entries one by one using Easy Admin. How do I delete multiple entries at the same time? Anyway to go into the database and select line items (like in Access or Excel) and just delete them?

Its the same with me . I've too much SPAM (even with CAPTCHA)... ¿any ideas to solve this (delete multiple entries or some security to reduce spam)

Thanks !!

Un saludo
Carlos M
http://mexcar.net
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You can delete them from the database using phpmyadmin.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
basargunyel
Beginner

Hi,

I was being spammed regularly like everybody, so i added human verification. It is ok for entries but now comments are being spammed. I added password protection for comments. That's ok for now. IP blocking does nothing to these suckers by the way.

But there are more than 500 spam entries scattered around, which is really hard to delete one by one.

I downloaded phpmy admin as u said but i have no clue how to use it.

Is there another way?
[Email]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Most hosts provide PHPMYADMIN in cPanel.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
basargunyel
Beginner

???
it is another world i think.

suppose i understand what u say or managed to deal with php admin, how do i see and edit my messages? i mean i have to connect to a database i think.
[Email]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum