If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Need GB Admin Feature  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
Anonymous

Excellent job on Advanced Guestbook!

I am new to PHP and I have hacked Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1 to be a clean-looking but nicely-featured BBS-style chat page. Everything is working great with my test setup except the site gets about 200-250 comments per day.

I need a feature in Easy Admin that will allow me to delete blocks of comments all at once by:

1)before a certain date
2)between a specfic date range
3) by an id range
(this is the mySQL unique ID, not the calculated number of posts in the book_data table. I hacked that to keep a running total visible of all posts ever entered.)

I only want a couple of day's worth of comments to exist at any given time.

I would really love to figure out an "automatic" script that deletes every comment older that a programmed number of days so I wouldn't need to do any manual administration at all for this task.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous

Wow, thanks for all the helpfull replies! I didn't realize how easy that would be. I now have a very clean, self-maintaining BBS-style (unthreaded) open chat room.

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum