If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Guestbook  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
Anonymous

Guestbook - Administration Centre
Before you can proceed you have to enter a valid name and password!

what is or how do i find the user name and password hell i got it working just can not get in to the admin......

please some one help i have done so good to this point
Anonymous

Name = test

PW = 123
HALO

i am having the same problem but the documentation i have says i need to go to config.inc.php and add my db settings such as pw name username ect i done this and cant get into the admin as well i can create the tables should i go back and change this and use the pre set ones
HALO
elovetree

HALO wrote:i am having the same problem but the documentation i have says i need to go to config.inc.php and add my db settings such as pw name username ect i done this and cant get into the admin as well i can create the tables should i go back and change this and use the pre set ones
HALO

I had the same problem and fixed it this way:
* Use ftp to get the config.inc.php file on your hard drive
* Open it with Notepad
* You should see the default db settings in quotes towards the top of the page. Try changing these values to the same ones you did earlier when you ran the install.
* Save your changes and use ftp to put it back where you got it
* remember to save a copy of the orginal file in case you need to put it back the way it was

Hope this helps, I'm extremely new to this (as of Fri) and am learning as I go, so it may not be perfectly clear or the best way to go about it.
HALO

Thanks allot for taking the time to answer that ill give it a try and see what happens good luck to you.

HALO
HALO

thanks allot worked like a charm!
HALO

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum