If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Trouble modifing the header.php .. getting errors  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
MrBiggZ

Greetings!

I've made some modifications to header.php so the guestbook will match my site. I've got it nailed down to the part where I call a php script to display a random quote.

this is the code in the page for the quote:

If I take this code out the error goes away! Here is the error that I'm getting:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/content/d/h/a/dhandler/html/guestbook/lib/gb.class.php(55) : eval()'d code on line 78

the page is located at http://handlersspot.net/guestbook

you can see my php info at http://handlersspot.net./info.php

This is a little bit about the scope of my knowledged. I do appreciate the help if you can tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Thanks so much in advance!

Regards!
[WWW] [ICQ]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

It's because you cannot put php in the templates. Your best bet is to look at Lazarus and it's gbinclude.php method.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
MrBiggZ

Carbonize wrote:It's because you cannot put php in the templates. Your best bet is to look at Lazarus and it's gbinclude.php method.

Thanks bud! I found it and will d/l tonight and install! I figure it was something like that. Coppermine is funny with putting php in it's templates too. Although there stuff you can include it in the header and footer pages no problem. I was just going on the guess I could here too!

Again .. thanks for pointing me to the right path!
[WWW] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum