If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
HELP!!! ISSUE SPAMMER WEIRD!  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
kgpp2293

Hello iv got an issue with spammers, this one spammer has spammed a html code that makes the font extremely large and also redirecteds my page to another site but if i try to delete his comment through easy admin the large text covers the page as shown in the image below, Im just wondering is there a way to delete these posts through phpmyadmin or mysql or anything thankyou please reply asap cause this is urgent

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You could delete it via phpMyAdmin by going to the guestbooks database and browsing through book_data. Once you get rid of it turn of HTML as it allows ANY HTML which is a damn stupid thing to do and was one of the first things I fixed in Lazarus.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
kgpp2293

thankyou it worked but im still getting some spammers just spamming replys to everyones posts and such how do i prevent this without having to ban every spammer?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Either make sure you are on the very latest version of Advanced Guestbook or switch over to Lazarus.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
lsuedulive
Beginner
[Avatar]

I will call GoDaddy and ask about support to import and install Lararus. They are not much on support and I am new to SQL or MySql

Thank you,
http://melvillehighschool.info/guestbook

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum