If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Poll error: 1054 Unknown column 'captcha' in 'field  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Richard Mitchell

I am hosted by dataflame.co.uk and they provide Control Panel (cPanel), which has an auto-install for Advanced Poll 2.0.8. I installed Advanced Poll from Control Panel and at first sight it appeared to be working correctly. However, when I select the “General Settings” tab I get an error when I “Submit Settings” via button at the bottom, even if I change no settings at all. The error is: MySQL Error : Query Error - Error Number: 1054 Unknown column 'captcha' in 'field list'. I check the database "poll1" that was created by the auto-install and there is indeed no captcha field I can see.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the auto-install by Dataflame or cPanel incorrectly configured, do you think?

MySQL version 4.1.22-standard.
PHP Version : 5.2.4
Server : Apache 3 - HOSTMerit
cPanel version 11.24.4-STABLE. cPanel build 33345. cPanel theme X3.

Best regards
Richard
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You need to run the update file found in the misc folder. Just visit it in your web browser.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Richard Mitchell

I expected to have to use my ID and password but in fact I had to find the required password in the code and use that, in order to make the DB upgrade work.

Also if this was a clean 2.08 install done by cPanel I don't understand why the DB would need to be immediately upgraded.

Anyway, after these teething problems it works, thank you!

Best regards
Richard
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Richard Mitchell wrote:Also if this was a clean 2.08 install done by cPanel I don't understand why the DB would need to be immediately upgraded.

Me neither. If this was a brand new installation then everything should of been created. Guess cPanel need to sort out their installation script for AP.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum