If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Mysql error  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
StevieBee
[Avatar]

Anyone have any idea about this.
I upgraded to 2.4.4 from an earlier version that worked correctly. I did exactly as was suggested and did not update the config file, (but one of my mistakes was not to check my own alterations so I have lost all those). I now get this error on "sign the guestbook". At the moment everything else seems to work:-
Query Error
Error Number: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SET session_id='a2d10d96f2666c98c9b16a00536bed37', validate_key='zakyjL', timest' at line 1
Date : Sun, May 31, 2009 06:38:57

Now I have no idea where I need to look to correct the above error (what Manual).
I do NOT have a CPanel so I cannot check mysql via that so recommendations to use my CPanel will not work. I have been with my server since 1996 and have not had problems before and they run the latest software as and when it becomes available but insist in not having a CPanel. All I have to do is send hem an email and they set my databases up for me.

I don't know if it is the Validation Key that is causing the problem although I have that on my BBoard and that works fine.
Any help (remember I am a layman to programming MYsql) would be greatly appreciated

Steve
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Did you run the update_db file in the misc folder?

or is it db_update.php :-/

Just visit it in your web browser.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
StevieBee
[Avatar]

Carbonize wrote:Did you run the update_db file in the misc folder?

or is it db_update.php :-/

Just visit it in your web browser.

Hiya.
Yep I have done that an I get this response:-

Please update config.inc.php first.

which obviously has been updated.. I also tried to use your version and the update ran but came back with Cannot find user. even though I used my original config file (to keep my data base.
So I had to give up on that although I would prefer to use yours but Ineed to keep the database.

Steve

StevieBee
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

There is a new variable in the config.inc.php so you need to copy your database information from your current config file to the new one.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum