If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
advance poll help  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
jcswaim

Hi,
I just noticed that fantastico offers version 2.03 and 2.08 is available? Is that a typo in fantastico?
I am new to php and would like to learn it. I downloaded all the files via fantastico. I even have a huge book on PHP, but I am lost. I need to get one project set up correctly for me to learn this stuff. Is anyone willing to help me step by step? I want to set up the advance poll on site. I have it all dowloaded and installed, and to my surprise there were alot of files that I do not know what to do with. I just do not know how to get it to work. I stored it in a file on my server called wrapdesign. Do I need to create a MSQL Database also?
I don't know whether I need to create a new page in my public_html folder with a .php extension or if I link into the index.php that was created for me???
I just have no idea where to put the php code or what to do with it. I have tried several suggestions from posts but still can't get it to work. I am pretty confused after reading all the posts.
The code is below, I just changed the user name to test for security reasons. not sure if that was necessary or not. Can some one help me through this? I would really like to learn some php. Thanks in advance for any help.
<?php
// Important! You have to include it before your html code
include_once "/home/test/public_html/PSDink/wrapdesign/poll_cookie.php";
?>

<html>
<body>
<?php
include_once "/home/test/public_html/PSDink/wrapdesign/booth.php";
echo $php_poll->poll_process(4);
?>
</body>
</html>
[WWW]
jcswaim

Really no one is willing to help???
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

1 - Fantastico is usually a few versions behind and it's also up to your host to make sure they are running latest version of Fantastico.

2 - I believe Auron wrote a tutorial on the Advanced poll.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
jcswaim

thanks for your reply. I will check out his tutorial. Is there a better way to go than fantastico? If they are behind, it does not seem like the best solution.
[WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum