If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
2.0.22 admin password  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Cassie75
Beginner

can't get into admin using the password i know is correct.
I have done lots of searches on here and some of the links did not work. The reset php i did find did not work.
The only other suggestion was to upgrade to a newer version - can't do that at the moment - it was put on by my hoster and don't really want to go back to them at the moment for various reasons
Any other help?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

2.0.22?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Cassie75
Beginner

i thought that was the version - found it in one of the files - can't remember which one now

You helped me a while ago with adding an extra required field for "order number".

I know i have also forgot my password before and had to do a reset but this time i know i had the right one. But i think that was on a newer version on my other site

I will see if i can see where i found the version number
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

And the misc/reset_pass file isn't working ?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Cassie75
Beginner

there is no misc folder
Cassie75
Beginner

oops - i was looking in the wrong place - found it
Cassie75
Beginner

Sorry about that - feel free to delete this thread. I had forgotten I had copied and renamed the main folder to something obscure because of spammers. I was looking in the folder for my forum which is a completely different one!!!

I actually needed the reset one - once in the right place it worked fine - thank you for all your work - you are awsome
Shenreed

HI Carbonize,

I have a problem logging in to my Guest Book as admin.

I downloaded the “reset_beta.zip” file, unpacked it, and installed “reset.php” in my guest book directory and changed permissions.

I went into my »> admin/config.inc.php«< file and looked for $GB_DB(‘user’) to get my MySQL password..

I then inserted my link into my Web browser http://123-wxy.com/guest-book/reset.php that took me to the new Admin Reset page..

However when I entered the required info, it came back with a problem saying…

There was a problem changing the username and password
Table 'saysecom_agbook1.book_auth' doesn't exist

Any ideas as to what I’ve done wrong?
John
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Yeah i did fix it after last time and forgot to upload it. Fixed version is now uploaded and available from my forum although if you are running AG 2.4.x you should have a reset script with it in the misc folder.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Shenreed

HI Carbonize,

I tried to download the “reset.php” again but I couldn’t find it so, I took your suggestion that since I was running AG 2.4.x and that I should have a reset script in the misc. folder. I created a link to “forgot_pass.php” http://yoursite-123xyz/guestbook/misc/forget_pass.php and that provided a web page with the four part form below (on the left)

Hostname..............locolhost
Database...............how-to reset p/w
Username..............how-to reset p/w
Password..............33jFa7TJN4

I then went to my guestbook »> admin »> config.inc.php «< file and copied my MySQL name & password etc.

$GB_DB["dbName"] = "how-to reset p/w";
$GB_DB["host"] = "localhost";
$GB_DB["user"] = "how-to reset p/w";
$GB_DB["pass"] = "33jFa7TJN4";

and entered the exact same info into the blank spaces on the right side of the form.

Once I completed that, it automatically created a new page and asked me to change user name and password…. Once I did that, I was logged into my guest book as Admin..

Thanks a lot!!!!! Worked like a charm.
[WWW]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum