If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
AG: Captcha is not shown  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
llsastre
Beginner

I'm trying to use your script in http://www.ranchocanpicafort.com/librovisitas.php?idioma=1
When I try to sign in guestbook doen't show the captcha code. Then I can't write any comment.
I've tried locally on my pc and it works fine, but on my server doesn't show.
What can be the reason?
What environmental variables I need to be active or not to work fine?
I've downloaded Advanced Guestbook 2.4.4 from http://proxy2.de/snapshots/guestbook-dev-20110227.tar.gz
Thanks

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 26/04/2011 23:30:28

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

So you downloaded it from http://proxy2.de/scripts.php using the download link at the bottom right of where the guestbook description is?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
llsastre
Beginner

Yes, it is. This is the version on my server now.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I just looked at your captcha image. It's a valid PNG with no PHP error messages in it so not actually sure what's going wrong there.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
llsastre
Beginner

Can you see the captcha image? Have you tried to post a comment?
I think it can be some environment variable bad configured (my server has php 5.2.17).
I use another captcha image at www.ranchocanpicafort.com/contacto.php?idioma=1 and it is visible, so I don't understand why i can't see captcha image with AG.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I'm wondering if it's not to do with the PNG creation as the version on this site is actually a jpg. I'll see if the code cannot be forced to generate a jpg instead and see if that fixes it.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
llsastre
Beginner

Ok. I'll be waiting if it's possible to fix it. Then, would be the problem that this server can't generate png images?
Thanks for your help.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Hmm really need to have it output some debug information as so many points where it could be going wrong. Possibly the getSupportedImageTypes is not returning anything. Are you comfortable editing a PHP file?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
llsastre
Beginner

Yes, I know php language a little bit and program web pages with it. Tell me what you need.
I think png is supported. Try this www.ranchocanpicafort.com/imagetypes.php. I've tested with function imagetypes: if (imagetypes() & IMG_PNG) {echo ...}

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 27/04/2011 19:33:06

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

In image.php change $img->getImage($imageType); to $img->getImage('jpg'); and see if that does anything.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
llsastre
Beginner

I've changed it but don't have results. Now is $img->getImage('jpg'); and no captcha image is displayed.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

OK now in captcha.class.php found in lib directory change

function getImage($type="png")

to

function getImage($type="jpg")

Carbonize

get Lazarus
llsastre
Beginner

Nothing yet. I've changed function getImage($type="png") to function getImage($type="jpg") and nothing change. Then I've changed function getImageFile($filename, $type="png") to function getImageFile($filename, $type="jpg") too (to try if something does) but nothing changes too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/04/2011 21:33:26

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

It's still producing a PNG image that is 1x1 I will have to totally rewrite it so I can have it debug at various points to give me a better idea of what is going on.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
llsastre
Beginner

I've uploaded all files again with original configuration and I've filled again config.inc.php and install database. It doesn't work fine yet but visit http://www.ranchocanpicafort.com/gbook/index.php?idioma=1 (direct access to guestbook) and sign the guestbook. Then you are redirected to addentry page. Refresh it 3 or 4 times (or more) with F5 key until Captcha image is shown. It works! but not at first entry. Then is it possible that the image generate script fails for some reason?
If always generate an image (1x1 most of times), is it possible to fix the size of generated png image to display always a code?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/04/2011 23:40:45

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum