If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Ned hack for GB 2.4.4  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
cville22903
Beginner

Recently upgraded to version 2.4.4 with a lot of help from Carbonize. I had help about 8 years ago on a particular hack on my old version and the notes I found that explain how it was done just don't seem to work.

The GB is being used on a Vietnam Veterans unit site and I have a hack that is a drop down box so visitors pick their unit (13 different units) which is actually the location field.

The hack is on the main page and allows visitors to use the same type of drop down menu for the units (location) and display only that units messages. This is very similar to the page jump menu already existing.

I've gone back over the notes and the files from ver 2.2 and can get the drop down menu on the main page but when you do a search for the units it does nothing.

I'm willing to make payment/donation for assistance here as I've been trying to get it working but my PHP knowledge is shaky. Thanks
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Send me the notes you have on how the original modification was done. I mean I could do it from scratch without them anyway but always nice to have a head start.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
cville22903
Beginner

I wish to publicly thank Carbonize for all the help he has given me in upgrading my old 2.2 guestbook and it's hacks to the more current 2.4.4 guest book.

Long Live Carbonize!

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum